Dukes of Hazzard fans are making their opinions known, good and bad, about CMT’s airing of the Dukes of Hazzard. After hearing comments ourselves, and listening to Hazzard County on social media, we’re summarizing the accolades and bellyaches here!
1. Dukes of Hazzard fans are thrilled the show is back on the air. Yeehaa!
2. The show looks good in HD. The General Lee looks awesome. It also sounds awesome!
3. If only the episodes weren’t being so chopped up for commercials! It’s worse than ever, and HD doesn’t begin to make up for the missing scenes. Fan inquiries to CMT were responded with: “This is how it is. Suck it up.” And we thought there were a lot of commercials in the prior runs? Yowch.
4. Dukes of Hazzard fans are already sick of CMT’s “Party Down South” commercials. The trashy clips are alienating parents who were excited to have their kids watch the Dukes on TV. When you need to have your 4-year old look away during the commercials, it’s sad. The whole point of having the Dukes of Hazzard on TV, is that it’s a safe haven for family viewing.
5. We checked the Facebook pages for CMT’s “The Dukes Ride Again” vs. CMT’s “Party Down South”…and sadly, Party Down South had more page Likes. But CMT previously ignored their Dukes page for months at a time, and only now is scrambling to post regular content.
6. Our own Facebook page is cooler than either of those. Like it, you’ll love it!
7. While fans are enjoying the Dukes of Hazzard being on TV again, there’s some worry about the heavy rotation. Odd thing to complain about, maybe, but we have to wonder if CMT is just using the Dukes to pimp their other crappy programming for the February sweeps. We hope not.
But don’t just take other people’s opinions for your own – check it out for yourself! Visit the Dukes schedule on CMT for viewing times and episode lineup. Then share your own impressions with us on the Forums!